Wednesday 8 November 2017

Welcome to Fairy Habitats

Welcome to Fairy Habitats!

A number of years ago I discovered these adorable little fairy ornaments in a store and was instantly addicted to collecting them.  They were based on the beautiful Flower Fairy illustrations of Cicely Mary Barker and distributed by Add an Accent.  Sadly they no longer make these figurines but luckily I managed to accumulate a number for my collection over the years.

I have made some "habitats" to display my fairies and would like to share them here on my Fairy Habitats blog.

This is one of my recent ones:


Habitat 01 (front)

Habitat 01 (back)



Stitchwort and Nightshade Berry Fairies



Double Daisy Fairy



Eyebright Fairy


I've been collecting supplies for a number of years now.  The topiary balls were made with dollar store flowers, the little accessories (chairs, table, wagon and bird bath) were purchased from Michael's Arts and Crafts as were the moss and some of the floral and greenery stems.


Thank you so much for taking a look!


2 comments:

  1. I'm speechless! I never knew that you had this interest in collecting fairies! What a fabulously creative idea to give them a beautiful garden to 'live in'. WOW! This is so beautifully colored and arranged! Good for you! I love this new blog of yours and can't wait to see more creations!

    ReplyDelete